Sunday 30 December 2012

2012, where did you go?

2012, where have you gone?   Literally filing a missing persons report.

I cannot fathom how fast 2012 went by. I can still remember what I was doing on certain days in 2011! But I must accept that the year is nearly over, so I thought that it would be great to document what I've been doing. Who knows, I might want to know this stuff in the future?!



I am going to share my favourite things about this year with you guys;
FAVOURITES
Beauty;
underdog beauty product of the year
Mua plumping gloss in 'Candy Pink'. These lip glosses are not really talked about a lot, but they really do plump your lips, and at £2 each, these are definitely an underdog that I've been loving.
favourite hair product discovered this year
GHD Obedience Cream for Frizz-Free Styling. I'm pretty sure that this product has been discontinued no, but I did buy it this year. I put it on my hair when it's damp, and it prevents my hair from going completely frizzy and spastic- total lifesaver!
best magazine freebie of the year
Benefit's Cha Cha Tint. This was such a bargain from a magazine, and it is the most beautiful coral tint for your cheeks. It stays for hours too!
overall favourite nail polish of the year
Nails Inc nail polish in St. James.

Life;
best thing you've done
Started this blog! I started this blog at the end of February, and wrote my first post on the 26th. I love writing on my blog soo much, and honestly don't know what I'd be like wihout it. Bored, probably.
what are you most proud of completing this year
In England, people from the ages of 14-25 have the opportunity of completing their Duke of Edinbourgh Award. This is basically an award which challenges yourself, and provides 'rewarding opportunities for personal development'. Some friends and I did our D of E in July, but we worked really hard at it for 9 months before then. It was really hard, but I'm glad I did it(looking back-I wasn't so happy during it!)
most proud of this year
In June I took some exams with my college, and I got result which I am sooo proud of. I worked hard, and I was thrilled when I finally got them and they were that good!
favourite trip
In July I went to the Warner Bros Studios to see the Harry Potter set with my family. Having visited the Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Orlando in 2011, obviously the set tour couldn't compare. However, it was amazing to see how they filmed some of the scenes. I had a great time!

Pop Culture;
favourite tv show of the year(english)
Downton Abbey, Series 3. Call me an old bat, but this show has twice as much drama than about 10   episodes of Hollyoaks combined, and about a million times more class.
favourite tv show of the year(american)
90210. Aired in January, and I can't wait for the next season to start. Hunks and backstabbers are so entertaining, and Naomi is just hilarious.
film that you saw in the cinema that you liked the best
American Reunion. This film made me laugh soo hard! Hunger Games was a close second though.
best book you read this year
Divergent. This book is sheer brilliance; enough said.
favourite album released this year
Do I even need to say this? Red by Taylor Swift. Obviously.


And, just because good should be balanced by bad, I thought that I would include some of my 'hated' things about this year. Only a few though, so you don't get too depressed!
HATED
beauty product I spent lots on, then regretted buying
I paid about £10 on a Soap and Glory 'Thick and Fast' black mascara, but when I started using it, it was super clumpy and way too thick to use. I even tried heating the bottle with my hairdryer to make the mascara more fluid, but it was useless. I totally regret buying this product.
event that was way overrated this year
London Olympics. I am sick and tired of hearing about what heros all of the athletes are. Sports is not the only place where people can excell, you know.
tv programme 2012 would have been better without
Without question, X Factor. The hype and publicity around this show is completely out of control now. Whatever happened to people wanting to win because they were passionate about music?

How has your 2012 been? Tell me what your favourite thing about this year was in the comments!
Jenny xx

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way it went too quickly
    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can literally remember what I was doing this exact day last year like it was yesterday!
      Jennifer xx

      Delete