Monday 28 May 2012

Punny Nail Varnish Names

Hi everyone!

I don't know if you can tell, but I am a ginormous nail polish addict. I have spent more money on nail varnish than any other beauty product, and have probably collected about 70 colours. I know, intense right? Well, I say: it could be worse, at least I'm not addicted to drugs! Anyway, one of the things which really catches my attention in a nail polish, obviously besides the colour, is the name.

I really enjoy reading cute names, or ones with puns in them. It makes me smile when I read them- just a small detail to amuse me. It is clearly not enough these days to name your product '83791' or 'purple'- we need to get creative!

Here are some of my favourites with the brand and a description included:


OPI has a sandy beige nail lacquer, mixed with a fairytale element, creating the pun 'Sand-erella' derived from Cinderella. Cute!

'Did you 'ear about Van Gogh' by OPI is very amusing to me. I truly do appreciate a good pun (if you don't get it- google it!).

Butter London's 'No More Waity Katy' is not a pun as such, but just a funny comment. As this nail varnish was released around the time of the royal engagement and wedding, the colour is named after the fact that Kate Middleton is now officially in the royal clan! I just thought that it was a cute tribute to the couple.

OPI's 'Iris I was Thinner' is a rich, beautiful, iris purple colour. The name is so funny, don't you think? I really do Iris I was thinner.

And my personal favourite: 'Steel-Her Heart'. This Revlon nail varnish just has the cutest name ever! It is a grey, metallic colour with lost of dimension, If you know what I mean.everytime I read this, it makes me smile. The name is just sooo adorable!

Do you have a favourite nail polish name?

Jenny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment