The final product
To get galaxy nails, I painted a base and then added to it layer by layer of colour, with a dry, clean sponge(make-up, or cleaning).
1. Paint your nails with a base coat.
2. Paint two coats of your favourite deep navy or black polish. I used a navy creme colour, but a shimmer navy would look gorgeous too.
3. Dab a thin, random pattern of white polish over the top of the blue.
4. Dab light pink over the blue and white.
5. Dab a layer of shimmer purple polish down the center of the nail.
6. Lastly, dab some silver glitter all over the nail, to recreate the millions of stars in the sky.
Finish with a super shiny top coat.
I was feeling very lazy when I pained this nail, so I only did one; my index finger on each hand. I painted the rest of my nails with a bright candy pink colour, which really complemented the slight pink swirl on the starry nail.
Would you try astronomy nails?