Ever thought about taking a cold shower? I love the refreshing feeling of a cold shower when you've been in the sun all day, but at 7.30 in the morning when you're running late for school, not so much!
Actually here are some great reasons why taking a cold shower is actually beneficial to you, and your health!
1. Cold showers can actually improve your immunity against infection and cancer! The cold water can crank up your metabolism to get your body working twice as well!
2. Cold showers can actually help to reduce stress by regulating your nervous system. So if you're worried about a test in school, or a first date- cool off with a cold shower!
3. Taking a cold shower can actually help with insomnia, and it's important to get a good nights sleep.
4. The cold water from the showers will make the cuticles in your hair tighten, leaving your hair shiny and smooth. this also prevents dirt from gathering at the roots of your hair, meaning your hair will grow thicker, stronger and cleaner! At the end of all of my showers, I turn the heat down and do a final rinse of my hair in cold water for that very reason. I always want my hair looking shiny and healthy.
5. Having a cold shower on a morning when you just cant seem to wake your head up is a great way to start the day! The cool temperature will make you more alert and feeling ready to tackle the day!
6. Cold temperatures also make pores tighter, which prevents out skin from getting clogged up with dirt and grime- yuck! in turn, the chances of developing blemishes and acne are reduced!
7. And lastly... Cold showers help our skin to remain youthful as the temperature actually gives your body a detox, helping our skin to get rid of toxins.
Will you be taking cold showers more often now? I know I will!